APFW 2019 will be the fourth Asia-Pacific Forestry Week following events held in Hanoi, Viet Nam in April 2008, Beijing, China in November 2011, and Pampanga, the Philippines in February 2016. APFW 2019 will comprise various workshops, seminars, and other partner events organized along five streams:
- Restoring our forests and landscapes
- People and forests living in harmony
- Building a resilient environment
- Promoting responsible trade and markets
- Innovating governance and institutions
The Week will provide a venue for a multitude of forestry practitioners across the region to discuss and share views on the most pressing challenges in the forestry sector.