The main objectives of the symposium are to provide an international forum for experts to exchange the latest related research advances and experiences, as well as to further discuss current focus problems, challenges and opportunities for newly developed wood identification technology.
- Scientific Understanding to Wood Identification
- Recent Advances in Various Wood Identification Methods
- Integrated Application of Wood Identification Techniques
- Timber Tracking & Databases Establishment
- Forestry Affirmation & Forest Products Verification
Despite the desirability of using these newly developed technologies broadly in wood forensics, the complexity of extracting features from wood and the lack of reliable reference libraries are the main barriers to their application for the next few years. There is still a long way to go to make these advanced methods widely available for forensics and industries, and many technical challenges remain to be solved by the global collaboration of scientists from different research fields.