The 5th International Training School in Quantitative Wood Anatomy using ROXAS – From Samples to Data organized by the TeSAF department, University of Padova and the WSL Dendrosciences Group.
Anybody interested in quantitative wood anatomy is invited, including researchers and technicians of all levels of experience. Participation will be limited to a maximum of 20 people (first come first served).
The following topics will be covered:
• Stem anatomical features in angiosperms and gymnosperms
• Anatomical sample preparation using rotary microtome, sledge microtome and surface preparation (woody and non-woody tissues)
• Staining and preparation of permanent slides
• Creating high-quality digital images of entire samples
• Introduction to the image analysis tool ROXAS
• Quantification of anatomical features using ROXAS
• Example of applications of quantitative wood anatomy in environmental research
• Fee: 600 Euro including conference fee, full board accommodation (room sharing required) and teaching material.
You can register here.
Please do not hesitate to contact Marco Carrer with any questions.